The 10 Commandments of Successful Network Marketing
There are a lot of different versions of the 10 commandments of MLM. George Zalucki’s version is my favorite. Below is a list of all 10 and I explain everyone in detail.
1. Thou shalt not expect others to do what you are no longer doing to expand your business.
This is listed as the first one for a reason. Never tell someone on your team to do something you are no longer willing to do. This happens way to much in network marketing. Someone will start to have some success and sit back and get into management mode.
2. Thou shalt not buy into or linger with other people’s negative comments or attitudes.
You have to be strong and prepare yourself mentally for this. Not only are you going to experience this when prospecting, but you will also experience this with team mates. Be strong and don’t buy into people’s negativity.
3. Thous shalt not dwell on the past nor continue to linger with thoughts of what should have happened, but did not happen.
Don’t dwell on past failures you had in life and especially in network marketing. When you look deeply at successful people they have always failed before they got where they are. You need to include failure as part of your journey to be successful.
4. Thou shalt not get frustrated or angry when people do not do what they say they are going to do… most don’t.
As you build your business, most people are going to tell you that they are going to be your best person, or they going to tell you all these things they are going to do. Just offer them support, and keep recruiting because most people will NOT do what they say. Don’t let this burn you out, just keep moving forward it’s part of the business.
5. Thou shalt not expect the company to never make mistakes, because occasionally it will.
Nobody is perfect, your company is going to occasionally make mistake here and there. It is just the way it is. As long as they are conducting themselves ethically it’s all good. We all make mistakes, we are human.
6. Thou shalt face each problem you or your distributors encounter as a leader and demonstrate a calming influence to your group and not spearhead hostile and accusatory complaining.
When you experience a problem or something you don’t understand yet, never talk about it to your team mates. Always discuss this with your enroller or customer support. For some reason negativity spreads like a ‘fire’.
7. Thou shalt continue to sponsor new first level representatives as an example for your organization to follow.
Would you like your team to continue to sponsor new people into your MLM business? Lead by example and continue to enroll people into your business. People will do what your do!
8. Thou shalt continue to concentrate on those distributors in your group who are working hard and possess the correct attitudes for success.
This is another BIG one! Don’t focus on the people that are not worthy of your time because every time you talk to them they have excuse. I call this “excuse mode”. Focus on the people that deserve your time, and are doing the same daily activities you are doing.
9. Thou shalt set specific personal performance and income goals, and then reach them.
Make sure your goals line up with your daily activities. For instance if you want to start sponsoring a new person a week. Your daily activities should line up with your goals. If you need a daily routine for success your network marketing business click here.
10. Thou shalt reach the next pin level of your company’s compensation plan by _________(Date).
People that write out their goals are more likely to reach them, than the people that don’t. Another way to look at this is if you write our your goals, your team will write out theirs. Would you rather your team write out their goals or not? I bet you would.
If you are brand new in MLM or maybe you been in the business for a while and need to recharge your batteries. I would suggest reading this atleast once a day. Share this with new people on your team so they know what to expect. Good luck and please leave me a comment and share this around if you got value from this post.
Much Success and Gratitude!
Phone: 631-241-9623 (text or call)
“Your income grows as you grow personally and professionally.”
If you enjoyed this post on the 10 commandments of successful network marketing, retweet and comment please!